Thursday, December 8, 2011

I wish the world was perfect.

Today's blog was inspired by Lady Fabulous from B-M-Idontcare

From what I have read over the past few weeks, she is an indescribably resilient woman. She has had many a knock yet picks herself up and knocks right back. Time after time. My hat goes off to you.

I  have never had problems conceiving, in fact at times I have had problems not conceiving.

 Let me explain. 
It has been a running joke in our family for years that The Daddy Man has to only walk past me and I will be with child.
 I was a teen mother three times (2 alive and one in heaven), I was an early 20's mother three times.
 Coming from a tiny family of English expats I wanted 8 kids and people would laugh at me. 
Eventually The Daddy Man and I reached a decision that 4 would suit.
And then came along little Hboy with his whole "surprise, I'm coming" and we settled for 5. 

I have always been a maternal person, the new baby smell sends shivers of excitement down my spine. Having a baby/toddler/child on each hip was a meant to be for me, I am lucky enough to have achieved that.

 I believe that every couple that yearns for children deserves that choice.
 It is my belief that couples who have difficulty conceiving or sustaining are robbed of the most precious gift life can give.
My heart aches for the couples who desperately desire what I have. 
 And as my 5 chillies snore in their beds metres away from me, I am thankful. 

I am lucky, Oh so super duper gigantically lucky.

I was a child of the system, the foster care system.
 Although my stay was fairly brief I was surrounded by children who would not leave until they became an adult.

 Their parents did not give a toss or they were placed in this system because of unsafe and FUCKED UP situations.

 I remember one of the other children who stayed in the same home as I did, tell me about her mother using drugs in front of her, hiding syringes in her younger siblings nappies and leaving drugs in easily accessible places. Another child had suffered horrific sexual and physical abuse at the hands of people who were meant to cherish their gift. Their child.

Thinking back It makes me feel so very sad. All I can think is WHY???

 Why can people who would be wonderful suitable parents not conceive or sustain, yet the dregs of the planet breed like rabbits.

I rarely judge..Amazing parents come in all forms. Young, Older, Old.
But so do shit parents.

 I wish it was a perfect world, oodles would be different.

1 comment:

  1. Oh darl...thank you for checking with me, but the only thing offensive about that is that it's so damn true.

    ReplyDelete