Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chookie man (Jman)

Nearly 6 years ago I gave birth to you.
 I got very sick afterwards.

 Within a few months of becoming your mummy I went back to work. The Daddy Man stayed home and played with you, fed you, changed you and did all the things I should of. But I couldn't. I had a very evil sickness inside me called postnatal depression. It made me believe stupid things and feel the saddest feelings. I don't remember alot about the first year of your life. The evil sickness made me forget special little memories that a mummy should never forget.

 When you turned one, my evil sickness went away. We moved house, you started to walk, you started to talk, your smile was infectious. But when you hurt yourself you didn't cry for mummy, when you had things to announce you didn't tell mummy,you didn't come to me for cuddles and you didn't like food i made. You saw The Daddy Man as your mummy and that made me very sad.

 We had your sister 18 months after you were born and mummy did okay. I didn't get as sick and I didn't work. The Daddy Man went off to work. You got very cranky at me because I didn't do things like he did, You yelled at me often and got into everything within reach. You wanted your daddy...who was your mummy.

 Your little brother was born when you were 3 and a half. Mummy got sick again but not as sick as when I had you. You and I got to know one another slowly, we went shopping together and played with transformers and your abundance of lightening mcqueen toys. You let me push you on the swings and laughed when I tickled your belly. You gave me cuddles and we went for eye and ear tests together. Mummy got better slowly and our love bloomed. You still threw tantrums that made my ears drums cringe, but you let me cuddle you and calm you down.

 Just before you turned 5 you started school. You hated school. You loved to learn but hated doing that at school. Half way through the year The Daddy Man and i spoke with you teacher, we walked away proud that you were in the top 5 students of your grade. We were told about how you make others laugh and hug them when they are sad. She told us about your gorgeous personality (which we knew about anyway) and how you made her smile everyday. I watched you do puzzles in class calmly and laughed at your creative collages. I am so proud.

 Mummy is nearly all better and you are amazing. I love how close we are now.



  •  I love the way you say my name and ask for cuddles.
  •  I love that you read with me every night. 
  • I love that you arent angry anymore. 
  • I love your darling smile and your nibbly ears.
  •  I love that you taught your older siblings and nanny how to use the computer. 
  • I love that you still have your sleeping buddy george and thank me every time he gets washed. 
  • I love that you love cats and google Lego cats every afternoon.
  •  I love that you make your brothers and sisters roar with laughter because you are a clown.
  •  I love that you have my voice and sing like a dream.


You and your big brother



 Everyday you make my sickness fall away faster and faster. 
Most of all though babyboy I love that I am your mummy and that you love that too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment