Thursday, December 1, 2011

The dreaded parent teacher interviews

This week we had the dreaded parent teacher interviews. I swear teachers set these up to torture parent folk. Every semester as it approaches that time, I break into hives over whether or not i have completed all my parenting duties for the year, if i will be lectured on my children's choice of 'uniforms'and homework history. Every semester I breath a huge sigh of relief because my sons have two of the most amazing teachers.


 My boys have done really well this year and feeling proud is an understatement! Tman's teacher also let slip on a few secrets regarding who his teacher would be next year, her again!!! I asked Jman's teacher if she would be his again also. Apparently she was relieved to hear Tman's teacher had spilt the beans first and not her (parents and students were not finding out classes until next week).


On the subject of school, I have been seeing alot of updates on FB about joyous parents attending their children's Christmas concerts, I was a little miffed because the boys newsletter still said nothing about a christmas concert. I figured i would ask the office lady about it all and was told they wern't having one as such and the concert we missed i stubbornly said no to  last week was their version. They are worried about offending anyone because of the religious aspect. I understand i dooo, I respect all cultures and religions.


 I am miffed though and alot offended!! Letters were sent home this week asking if parents objected to Christmas tree's being placed in classroom's and your child participating in Christmas themed activities. Interestingly enough we don't get letters asking if we mind our chillies participating in songs sung in other languages at school concerts. Last year i swear we understand maybe 1 or 2 songs sung at the yearly concert. I was looking forward to dressing The Daddy Man up in tinsel and Xmas gear and dragging him along to the carols.

Politics are shit!!


I woke up this morning to see this though which definitely brought a smile to my dial
FOR THE MASSIVE WIN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment