Thursday, December 22, 2011

New Friends


Kids make new friends so easily. 
Its all "Hi wanna play" and off they go doing what kids do.
 Kids don't see flaws quite as easily as adults. 
They don't judge and they welcome new friends with glee.
Adults on the other hand are more closed off. In this rat race we call life making friends can be difficult for some and others just aren't interested.


 Because I was a teenage mum alot of my school friends dropped out of the picture, not that I minded much because most of them were dicks but it did leave me lonely at times.


 Over the past years being an adult, I have found I am alot more wary of people than I was as a kid. I don't take crap easily, I am not very forgiving and I guess in some ways give off an unfriendly vibe at times.
 I can be very shy, I find walking into a room full of strangers daunting. I will stand on the sidelines watching friendships and wish my tiny circle were there with me.




 The Daddy Man is my best friend followed by my lovely mate Mayzie, although she is almost twice my age we click fantastically.  I do have a small circle of friends who see one another here and there. I believe in quality over quantity.
But I don't usually have alot of time for social endeavours, raising so many kids keeps me as busy as a bee and sometimes quite lonely. I have chosen my new years resolution. 


To be more open, forgiving and receiving to friendship in the new year. 

Today my new years resolution came in early. My local shopping centre has a Kmart and for the Chrissy presents we needed it meant i had to venture into the unknown to bigger shops. By myself. On a bus.


It was my second bus ride in 15 years so it was a little scary. 
I didn't understand the new ticketing system, had no idea how to use the buzzer or even where to sit. 


But alas I met two angels and can honestly say my day was nothing like I planned. My Mum babysat for me so off I went alone to a bigger shopping centre all by myself.


 At the bus stop I started chatting with two younger girls about the gorgeous baby they had in a pram. This resulted in a full days shopping with two virtual strangers.


 I had a ball.





 We had lunch and talked about our lives, our kids and our partners and formed new friendships. It was exciting...but odd. Who the H meets a person at a bus stop then spends an entire day  helping them push trolleys and loading Xmas gifts?...Miss V and Miss J. It was awesome and I no longer fear buses. After six exhausting hours of shopping we all went our separate ways with contact details and plans to meet up again after Xmas. They are laid back, friendly and encouraging and that is definitely something I need in my life.


The advice I would like to give is -  Sometimes we need to be brave, striking up conversation can lead to wonderful times with new friends everywhere. 


I am very excited about seeing what the New year brings to my life. 


What is your New Year Resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment