Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Do you have a phobia??

I do.

It all started when I was about five years old. One day out playing, I noticed all the neighbourhood kids in a circle surrounding one of the older ones. Being that I was an inquisitive child I had to know what was going on. So I ran over to check out the goss. The older boy was holding something and I couldn't quite see what it was through the older kids, so I moved in closer for a better look. Everyone was oohing and ahhing at what this older boy was holding. All I could see was something wiggly and grey. I was desperate to see what it actually was so pulled the older boys hand down to face level. 

What happened next will haunt me forever!


I felt something clamp around my nose, something was biting me with sharp teeth and a vice like grip. I screamed and all I could see was grey. I tried to brush it off but the disgusting little creature hung on for dear life. My 5 year old life passed before my eyes as I was surely going to die. 
Eventually the older boy removed the grey wiggler of doom. I finally got to see what had attacked me.


 A baby frill necked lizard.

not the culprit but similar

This one incident sparked a 20 year fear of anything lizard like. 
When i see a lizard chills run up my back and a panic attack comes on. I run...usually squealing as loud as i can


I can't stand when summer hits and the geckos come out the play. Their tick tick noise freaks me out....are they coming for me?


Skinks in the garden will send me screaming.
The Daddy Man found an injured skink a few years ago and he and the boys decided to nurse it back to health. They used an old fishtank, fed it lizard food and built it a habitat. My eyes rarely left that tank ,positive the tiny weeny skink was going to eat me in my sleep.


I fear little. Spiders, snakes, toads, dogs, birds and bugs i can all handle fine...but bring a lizard in my near vicinity and I will be climbing as high as possible.


Note: I DID NOT enjoy finding the pic above

No comments:

Post a Comment