Saturday, January 21, 2012

Why I am likening contact with childbirth.

School is upon us at an exciting speed. Most of  Australia's children will be heading back to school on Monday, 23rd, January. Excitement PLUS!!


 I designated my weekend to contacting and naming all of my older boys school books, bags, lunchboxes and folders.


HA!!


I have had a day I'd rather forget.







Here is why I am likening contact to childbirth


Contact is sticky and messy.
Contacting school stuff seems endless.
Contacting is exhausting, it requires hours of concentration.
You will get frustrated with contact and scream I CANNOT DO THIS.
Cutting yourself with scissors while contacting really frikken hurts!
Contacting requires assistance 
No matter how hard you attempt to contact perfectly, it rarely ends up how you imagined.
Contact brings tales from other parents about how easy they did it.
Someone will always have a better contacting experience than you.
Contacting will leave you breathless and frazzled.
Contacting is worth seeing your child....smiling when they see the halfassed amazing end result.








I do not ever want to contact another book again...unfortunately I have 23 books left that look very bare.


By book 3 I was swearing, who thought rolling sheets of contact up would be a great storage choice!! It doesn't unravel properly and leaves me and the kids with a migraine.


I was reminded today about the plastic sleeves you can use for books. I used those as a kid but for some strange reason figured stores no longer sell them.
I could of saved myself hours and tantrums, picking up a heap.
It probably would of been more expensive though.


*Thank you to my little ones Cgirl and Hboy for all their assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment