Tuesday, January 3, 2012

BIG



Most of us have seen the movie Big and if you haven't you are missing out on a classic 80's feel good film.

This comedy is about a little boy who makes a wish on a genie machine to be big.
The wish is granted but he is still a little boy in a man's body, hilarious and cute!

For me though it's real life.
Can you imagine living with an over sized teenager who inhales food, lives for PlayStation, doesn't understand what a laundry hamper is, gets the farting giggles, thinks he will die without sex and hopes to make it rich one day?

Look I love my overgrown teenage boy like any mother should. But he's not my son, hes my partner and he's nearly 30.

For years I have nagged him to death about growing up and being responsible. All that boring stuff adulthood comes with. Thus far he has resisted and I'm sure that will continue until around 45 years of age when he will mature to the equivalent of a 20 year old, buy himself a Porsche and start dating a 19 year old called "Misha" or "Lillie".

Over the years he has had many bright ideas, most cringe worthy but I have learnt to bite my tongue and shake my head. Or alternatively smile, nod and zone out.

I really do love him but some things just take the cake.

Although over the years he has been involved in many a cock ups last nights antics definitely made me realise I am raising a man child.

He decided to go to the shop, we needed an assortment of food stuffs and I had been working my bum off cleaning all day. So my nearly 30 year old teenager decided he would ride Tman's brand new Magnum Pro scooter for a touch of exercise. He was excited and I shook my head knowing, like mum's do that it wasn't going to end well.
After scouring websites to check on helmet laws etc he set off on a sneaky but fun mission reliving his childhood. Midsummer nights breeze through his shaved head hair, whizzing on a scooter like a little fella.



He got home about half an hour later. And I was right, it didn't end well.

 Apparently scooting at nearly 30 years old, in the dark, on footpaths that haven't been upgraded in 25 years isn't such a great idea.
Not only is he now sporting a chunk of flesh missing from the back of his ankle, he has also sprained his elbow and wrist.

So now I have added nurse to my never ending list of mothering duties.
Apparently he cannot move from the couch because his latest injury makes the man flu look like a sniffle.
He can't do dishes or clean, he cannot hang washing or even sweep.

I think spraining your arm is a little extreme to get out of housework.


As if I didn't have enough to do around here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment