Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Spoilt like mad

Lisa it's your birthday...Happy Birthday Lisaaa.
The Simpsons.

I always replaced Lisa with Debbie, but I hum it every birthday.



I turned 26 yesterday, The Daddy Man said i am still in my mid twenties. I don't know whether to believe him, when does mid become late??
That's kind of scary as it looms ahead. You know I still feel 18, young and fresh, waiting for where the world determines I fit.
I do feel less naive though, I have learnt much these past 12 years. I cannot drink a bottle of vodka anymore without vomiting!

It's interesting, I am a woman now, not even on that cusp of girldom and womanhood. Just a straight up woman! Age is my future, youth my past. But I still don't have any wrinkles....for now.

I was looking up stuff that happened the day I was born around the world.
Nothing exciting seemed to happen, no caught serial killers or miss universe debacles.

But I share my day with a few coolio people

One of my fave comedians and i share our birthday!

Benjamin Franklin

She is pretty swell, and we share the same name! (my middle name)


My day consisted of - 

11:45am: I was woken up after a glorious sleep in, to bacon and eggs.

12:30pm: After finishing the breakfast of all breakkie's, the kids jumped in bed and proceeded to massage my feet and shoulders. I checked my facebook and discovered over 100 Birthday messages.

12:45pm-3pm: I played Just dance kids on wii with my boys, ate a scrumptious lunch and spoke to my dad on the phone.

3pm: The Daddy Man disappeared for a few hours and left me home with the kidlets, the kids tidied the lounge room without being asked and put the dishes away

4pm: The kids had still barely been naughty and sat quietly watching a movie.

5:30pm: The Daddy Man came home bearing gifts! A foot beauty set, a large bottle of electric pink vodka, a zombie wii game (which rocks mind you) and wii guns!

6:30pm: My surprise favourite meal arrived...CHINESE. 
For 17 weeks I haven't had one dose of Chinese because of my eating plans, this was a wonderful surprise.

7:00pm: The Daddy Man brought out a gorgeous surprise mud cake that we all devoured.

7:30pm: The kids went to bed and The Daddy Man and I cracked open my new bottle of vodka, enjoyed drinks and watched a movie.

It was a lovely birthday and I am so happy I have a wonderful family to share it with.
Through the course of the whole day I didn't lift a finger. No housework, no cleaning, no cooking. AMAZING!!

I woke up this morning in a food coma with the post birthday blues. I had dishes and washing to do. But the kids have carried their great behaviour over and I feel on top of the world!

xx Spoilt Mummy








No comments:

Post a Comment