Monday, January 9, 2012

If thats normal, I'm out of there.

When I started school I realized I was different. I was a chubby kid and that meant I was destined for years of torment. That and I was a redhead (not so common back then).
Can you Imagine being the redheaded chubby girl all through primary and then high school?
My sisters were fairly slender and I knew I was the odd one out.
My friends were all slender and mostly tall. I never grew taller than 5 foot 1.

Although I was born the tiny weight of 5lb12 I seemed to get rounder with age, I ate all the same meals as my sisters and probably excersized/played more than they did. But my weight stayed.

At 10 years old we discovered I was quite the runner which entailed years of sporting and running activities. I was still a chubby girl, even though I ran up to 5-10kms a day. I didn't slender out much. I remember at 14 I got down to a size 12 and was stoked although I was still bigger than my friends I felt more "normal".




At 25 that kind of thinking shits me. I can only dream of being a size 12 at the moment. Yet who the hell says what size or weight is normal? Sure we have doctors giving lectures and weight advocates giving speeches but it is always conflicting. Some say that people have different bone structures so cannot be placed into the same "healthy weight" category as others. Some say that is hogwash and everyone should weigh roughly the same.

For people trying to lose weight that can become damn confusing!

My little Cgirl is 4, she wears size 6 clothing. her brothers wore clothing smaller than their age and have always been referred to as "string beans". Their diet is pretty much the same, they do the same activities and chores. She has always been a solid girl much like myself.. Arms and shoulders built like a swimmer, a poky belly, chunky thighs and a round booty. We do not tolerate the word FAT in our house, If you have to describe someone robust, chubby will suffice. A  few months back the older 2 boys came home from school chanting lovely sayings to their sister like "fatty boom sticks" and "fatty fat fat".
I saw RED. How dare they??
They are young boy's who heard something at school and repeated it at home. We had many a talks about feelings and hurting people and how everyone is different. All has been solved for now and they keep such venom out of our house.
It hurt our princess and that made me so very mad. She is a beautiful little girl and so what if she is a little chubby? I am not putting my big boned daughter on a diet dammit!!
We are all about uplifting in this house, make others feel as great as you want to feel. If more people behaved that way in the world it would be a much nicer place to live.

My Cgirl is chubby AND perfect!!


I have had people comment about my size 16 in public. At pools and the beach and even nightclubs. How is it acceptable though? I walk around minding my own business, I do not walk up to every ugly person I see and say "wow what a snozz, maybe you should get it fixed?" or "jeeze  lady, warn people before you take your face out in public". No, I accept that people are different and it is none of my damn business!!

Being cruel like Ros Reines has to Julie Goodwin is deplorable. In this day and age haven't we heard enough about cyber bullying for a lifetime? Haven't we learnt? It's not just teenagers though, apparently grown women see no harm in spreading their biast views and blasting others. Shame Shame Shame.

Is normality based on bullying? If you aren't "normal" you will be trashed and hurt? If you are "normal" you will make others feel like shit because you are sooo perfect? If that is normal, then I am glad I'm different!!

I know a very good saying and if my kids can learn it and respect it. Then grown frikken women can!

If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!



No comments:

Post a Comment