Thursday, January 19, 2012

Menu Planning VS Me

2012 is my year of organisation.

 I am so very proud of myself for keeping on top of life the past few weeks.
I have formed some fantastic cleaning patterns, finances are staying in check and my exercise increases daily.

I have started taking a shopping list when I go out and am ignoring temptations. I have been leaving myself reminders around the house, finished tidying up before I relax at night and making sure the bathroom floor doesn't get soaked.
All in all my happiness levels have risen by far. I feel good...maybe even great. I am becoming the mummy I want to be.



Over the past few months I have been reading some super, amazing, ladies blogs. Many of which have meal plans they post on specific days.
Meal plans seem to be fantastic for keeping on track and taking confusion out of the picture.
This all got me thinking. I'd love a meal plan! Something I can look at and say "terakyi chook for tea tonight".
So I have been mulling over ideas, ways I can incorporate this in our lives.

I have noticed some differences though, it seems most create their list before they go grocery shopping so they know what to get.

I cannot do that.

I only buy what meat is on special. If it doesn't have a price reduction I walk away.
So how do I know what to plan every week if I have no idea what will be on special?

I have decided some investigation needs to happen. I can check the woollies and coles sites before I go...hoping the items are in stock is a bit of a concern, but nothing I can't improvise on.

So this afternoon I will be compiling a list of meals that we eat regularly. Spaghetti bolagnaise, Terakyi chicken, Chili con carne, chicken and salad, ham and salad, Lamb cutlets with vegies and so on.
I figure if i have a good starting base, I can look for meat and veggies that will suit and improvise here and there.

It won't be as planned as I like, but I figure structure at a minimum is better than none at all.

How do you decide which meals to serve weekly?
 Do you have a Menu Plan?..how does it fit into your life?
Do you have any tips?




No comments:

Post a Comment