Thursday, March 1, 2012

My what big teeth you have!!



A few years ago my wisdom teeth came in, nothing too painful, I didn't know what everyone whinged about.


Within 2 years my right hand bottom wisdom tooth has disintegrated and had to be removed.
I noticed a shift in my teeth alignment, previous to this I was always complimented on my straight teeth.


Last year I received a filling in the tooth next to my eye tooth (not sure what its called), it had a small crack and was fixed up quickly. Afterwards an abscess grew and after visiting the shoddy cheap dentist again, was given antibiotics and went on my merry way.
Within 3 months I had another abscess above the same tooth. I went back to the dentist (by this stage slowly going broke) and was given more antibiotics..and off I went.


I ate painkillers like they were tic tacs over a 4 day period. I likened the pain to squeezing my watermelons out.
It FUCKING hurt!!


Well guess what?? I am pretty sure as I type this I have another abscess, after speaking with my doctor today, I have to go and see my local hospital dental clinic in the morning to get it fixed.


I have had some panadol but the inflammation is comparative to a gobstopper sitting inside my cheek.
I also feel slightly light headed.


So tomorrow I will hopefully be getting this fixed.


I have never had an overly big fear of dentists. I think the most scariest part for me is to be told to clean my teeth more often. shame shame.


I do have fears about tomorrow.
I don't want to lose my tooth, I don't want to pay a fortune to fix my tooth.


As it's public health the process goes by a random number system. You are handed a number upon arrival at 6am and hope it is one of twenty that they will see that day. Shit!!!


Does anyone have some tips on pain relief for teeth?


I'm off to curl up with my doona, wait for The Daddy Man to get home from work and try not to sob.

No comments:

Post a Comment